What am I going to do with my retirement?
Today a growing number of older adults – both Christians and their neighbors – are discontent with current cultural assumptions about retirement. Some sell the idea that retirement will be a perpetual vacation; others that it’s “unbiblical” to retire. Still others are concerned finances won’t ever allow them to fulfill their retirement aspirations.
How should those entering retirement think about money, work, time, family, leisure, and a life of purpose?
An Uncommon Guide to Retirement: Finding God’s Purpose for the Next Season of Life gives readers a practical, hopeful vision for thinking about work, rest, calling, and becoming “elders” filled with wisdom and blessing. Jeff Haanen teaches readers how to:
- Take a season of sabbatical rest in early retirement
- Listen to God’s voice for their calling in retirement
- Rethink how “work” might look different in retirement
- Understand family systems and leaving a legacy
- Explore mentoring opportunities
If you’re retired or thinking about retirement, this is a practical guide for discerning God’s calling for a new season of life.
Visit uncommonretirement.com to download the free study guide.