- “Investments for the Kingdom,” Christianity Today. Vol. 60, No. 10 (December, 2016): 50-53.
- “Light for Electricians: How Christians Bring Hope to Business,” Christianity Today. March 21, 2016.
- “Moving west for meaningful work.” Boulder Daily Camera. January 26, 2016.
- “The Work of Their Hands.” Co-authored with Chris Horst. Christianity Today. Vol 58. No. 6 (July/August, 2014): 66-68.
- “How We Lost the Craftsman: The Value of Dirt.” The City (Spring, 2014) 39-46. [Re-published on this blog here.]
- “A Growing Charter School Planted in Rocky Soil.” Christianity Today. August 3, 2013. [Winner of the second This Is Our City Essay Context]
- “Pay-as-You-Can Restaurants Dish Up Dignity in Denver.” Christianity Today. January 15, 2013. [Winner of the This Is Our City Essay Contest]
- “The Communication Flow: Increasing Enrollment Through Strategic Conversation.” Independent School. Vol. 17, No 1 (Fall 2012): 72-75.
- “Your Smartphone is Neither a Cancer nor a Cure-All.” Review of 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke. Christianity Today. April 21, 2017.
- “An Ancient Christian Vision for Modern Medicine.” Review of The Finest Traditions of My Calling: One Physician’s Search for the Renewal of Medicine by Abraham Nussbaum. Christianity Today, January 11, 2017.
- “How Working on Wall Street Can Corrupt Your Soul.” Review of Young Money: Inside the Hidden World of Wall Street’s Post-Crash Recruits by Kevin Roose. Christianity Today, June 12, 2014.
- “Blogging, Tweeting, and Instagramming in the Image of God.” Review of TheoMedia: The Media of God and the Digital Age by Andrew Byers. Christianity Today.
- “Baseball, Business and Beyond: Thinking Outside Yourself.” Review of On Thinking Institutionally by Hugh Heclo. Comment Magazine. Fall 2013: 50-55. (print only)
- “Two Urban Manifestos for Evangelical Christians.” Review of Why Cities Matter: To God, the Culture and the Church by Stephen Um and Justin Buzzard, and Christ + City: Why the Greatest Need of the City is the Greatest News of All, by Jon Dennis. Christianity Today, May 21. 2013.
- Review of The Power of Habit:Why We Do What We Do In Life and Business by Charles Duhigg. Leadership Journal. January 16, 2013.
- Review of Migration Miracle: Faith Hope and Meaning on the Undocumented Journey by Jacqueline Maria Hagan. The Review of Faith and International Affairs. Vol. 10. Is. 12 (2012): 77-79.
- Review of Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work by Timothy Keller. Comment Magazine. November 23, 2012.
- “The Foreign Mission Field Two Minutes Away.” Review of Strangers Next Door: Immigration, Migration and Mission by J.D. Payne. Christianity Today, October 24, 2012.
- “Give Church-State Peace a Chance.” Review of Endowed By Our Creator: The Birth of Religious Freedom In America by Michael Meyerson. Christianity Today, September 13, 2012.
- Review of The Bible Made Impossible: Why Biblicism is Not a Truly Evangelical Reading of Scripture by Christian Smith. The Denver Journal. February 9, 2012.
- “David Brooks: We Need To Start Talking About Sin and Righteousness Again.” Interview on The Road to Character by David Brooks. Christianity Today. May 13, 2015
- “Michael Lindsay: Go Where The Decisions Are Made.” Interview on View From the Top by Michael Lindsay. Christianity Today. August 6, 2014.
- “Kevin DeYoung Has a Busyness Problem, and He Needs Help.” Interview on Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book on a (Really) Big Problem by Kevin DeYoung. Christianity Today. September 25, 2013.
- “Max Lucado’s War Against Despair.” Interview on You’ll Get Through This by Max Lucado. Christianity Today. August 23, 2013.
- “David Platt Wants You To Get Serious About Following Christ.” Interview on Follow Me by David Platt. Christianity Today. February 7, 2013.
- “Better Partners.” Interview on Short Term Mission: An Ethnography of Christian Travel and Experience by Brian M. Howell. Vol. 57, No. 1. Christianity Today (January 2013): 79.
Guest Blog Posts
- “5 Bad Starting Points for the Faith and Work Conversation.” The Gospel Coalition. September 3, 2016.
- “Driving Back the Cloud of Fear: A Christmas Meditation.” Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. December 24, 2015.
- “Consumerism: What Do People Really Want?” Patheos. November 18, 2015.
- “Vocation: The Holy Grail of Corporate America.” Patheos. February 20, 2014. [Originally posted as an article on this blog]
- “Why Serving the Common Good Isn’t Enough.” The Gospel Coalition. March 18, 2013. [Originally posted as an article on this blog]
- “Why Your Church Needs Vocation Groups.” The Gospel Coalition. March 1, 2013.
- Review of The American Bible: How Our Words Unite, Divide and Define a Nation by Stephen Prothero. The Gospel Coalition. August 7, 2012.