Today is the official launch day for my first trade book An Uncommon Guide to Retirement: Finding God’s Purpose for the Next Season of Life.
We have an opportunity in this moment to push on our culture’s view of retirement, and give our friends, parents, family members, neighbors, and co-workers a more beautiful vision of work, rest, eldership, and a life a sacrificial love based in the hope of the gospel.
In the coming weeks, I’ll post on this blog excerpts from the book. Can I ask you a big favor? Would you consider taking about 3 minutes and posting a review of the book on Amazon.com today?
Here are a few themes you might consider mentioning. An Uncommon Guide for Retirement helps readers:
- Discern God’s call for their retirement years;
- Challenge cultural assumptions about retirement;
- Adopt a healthy vision for Sabbath rest, work and meaningful contribution for a lifetime;
- Embrace a biblical view of time and a deeper understanding of what human longevity means for the retirement years;
- Live out practical insight for retirement living on topics like learning, family systems, mentoring, and health.
Thanks for allowing me to to learn from you. If you’d like more information on the book, group discounts or the free study guide, make sure to visit UncommonRetirement.com. And feel free to leave comments on this blog!